Notepad++ is a free source code
editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running
in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is
written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher
execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many
routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is
trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less
CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption,
resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
1. Old icon is back.
2. Set ".txt" extension automatically while saving a document text.
3. Real characters count is added in status bar.
4. Fix some memory leaks.
5. Add "open all" capacity in finder (for find in files).
6. Replaced nppcm with NppShell (in installer).
- Dialog to allow change of various settings (cmd : regsvr32 /s /i NppShell.dll)
- Context menu icon properly rendered
- Incorporate dynamic icon for registered filetypes